Eat At Home

Eat At Home

Mama's Recipe Swap

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Pioneer Woman

I'm a Tasty Kitchen Fan

Simply Recipes

My Suga' Button

Photobucket

Fruit Festival

photobucket

Followers

Labels

Monday, July 26, 2010

Frozen Lemon Mousse

Photobucket 


I love lemons!  They remind me of my mom.  She used to love everything lemon, from frosted lemon bars to lemon yogurt.  So whenever I make something like this I think whether or not she would have liked it.  I found this frozen lemon mousse recipe at Real Simple.  

This recipe may not be that "simple" but there are very few ingredients.  You get a strong lemon flavor with the use of only one lemon. 

You start by putting fresh squeezed lemon juice, egg yolks, and sugar in a pot and heat it up.  Just make sure that you are continually whisking as you go.


This was my first time making this and when I combined the egg yolks with the lemon juice and heated it up I don't think I was whisking enough and got a whole bunch of cooked egg chunks.  

Later when the recipe says to strain the mixture I couldn't because me hubby had left my strainer at his little brother's house.  In the end my mousse was delicious only it had tons of tiny chunks of cooked egg.  


Murphy Man helped me out with the whipping of the cream.  Then he insisted on licking the beaters.  



Once the lemon mixture has set in the refrigerator then you can fold in your whipped cream.  Pop it all in the freezer for a couple of hours and then enjoy your frozen treat.  I can't wait to make this again.  Hopefully, with a strainer.  This makes a great dessert for friends after a barbecue on a hot day.
 
 
 

Be sure to stop back on Wednesday July 28th for the Recipe Swap and link up your favorite fresh fruit recipe.

2 comments:

Adriel Booker said...

that sounds so yummy! if i WAS to get on a baking/cooking kick... i'd want to make this one. :)

Rodney said...

Okay I am hungry again thanks for sharing, seriously it looks good!


Anyways, my wifes name is Annette (pastors wife)and she just opened her blog to public setting as she wants to be an encouragement and blessing to people. I was trying to be an encouragement to her by asking if you would be willing to swing by and say hi as she does not know many people in the blog world? Thank you for considering. Her blog is

http://continuedwonder.blogspot.com/

Thank You,
Rodney(Annette's husband)

 
 

Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Scrapping elementos: Deliciouscraps©