Eat At Home

Eat At Home

Mama's Recipe Swap

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Pioneer Woman

I'm a Tasty Kitchen Fan

Simply Recipes

My Suga' Button

Photobucket

Fruit Festival

photobucket

Followers

Labels

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Let's Get Cooking!


Photobucket

As if I didn't have enough on my plate I decided to take over my sisters cooking blog and she took over my book blog.  We are strange that way. 

I've just been so excited to share some new things that I have been making and I'm getting into my baking mood for the winter.  I hope to tempt you all with yummy desserts and savory meals for lunch and dinner.  Some things I have found through the blogasphere others are my moms recipes and my auntie Bernice's(she used to be a chef)  I can't wait to share them and also fun meals for the kids to help make.



Since we are in the heart of the Fall season  I thought I would share a great crockpot recipe that I found using apples and apple cider.  We went apple picking a couple of weeks ago(I'm still working on that post).  The kids and I got a half bushel of Granny Smiths and Red delicious and sampled many other varieties of apples.   The recipe is called Crockpot Cider Beef Stew here is what you need to make it:



Sorry I forgot to add the stew meat in the picture!

 

Crockpot Cider Beef Stew

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean beef stew meat
  • 8 carrots , sliced thin
  • 6 medium potatoes , sliced thin
  • 2 apples , chopped
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon thyme
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 cups apple cider

Directions

  • Place carrots, potatoes, and apples in Crock Pot. Add meat and sprinkle with salt, thyme, and chopped onion. Pour cider over meat. Cover and cook on LOW heat for 8 to 10 hours. Thicken juices with a flour and cold water mixture (about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons flour and 2 tablespoons water), cooking on HIGH in slow cooker until thickened (or transfer to a large stockpot over medium heat and cook down juices then thicken.
Powered by Plan to Eat


Now when I made this I followed the recipe to the letter.  But now that I have had it I would cut the apple cider to maybe 1 1/2 cups and add another 1/2 cup of water. It was a bit strong for me.  I suggest you follow the directions to the letter and if you think it needs to be doctored up then next time you make it experiment with it.  I hope you enjoy this and I can't wait to share more with you. 

What's your favorite Fall recipe with apples or cider?

0 comments:

 
 

Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Scrapping elementos: Deliciouscraps©