Eat At Home

Eat At Home

Mama's Recipe Swap

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Pioneer Woman

I'm a Tasty Kitchen Fan

Simply Recipes

My Suga' Button

Photobucket

Fruit Festival

photobucket

Followers

Labels

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Warm Winter Lemon Cake

 I'm so glad you came back to see what's baking in my kitchen.  Sorry about the past couple weeks of late posts.  With the Murphster just getting over his cold and him passing it on to me I didn't get a chance.  This week I choose Warm Winter Lemon Cake from Kraft.  I made this just after the snow melted and just before the warm weather rolled in.  It was a great transition.  Plus they should change the name because on a warm day this is absolutely delightful served cold.
You start just by mixing up a yellow cake mix and pour it into the pan.
After mixing the cake you pour over top of it a lemon custard mixture.  Be sure to place the cake pan on top of another baking pan so that if it bubbles over it will catch all the spills.
After you take it out of the oven let it cool and then sprinkle powdered sugar over top.  It smells heavenly. 
Then you get to decide. The recipe says to eat it right then while it is still warm out of the oven.  Then you should store it in the refrigerator.  I often ate it cold and it was awesome.  I think it was actually better that way with a little cool whip added. 


Biscuits:
Just a little side note about the biscuits I made a couple weeks back.  I did have a chance to retry the recipe using my mother-in-laws advice.  I think my problem was over kneading and trying to get too fancy with the cheese and everything.  I stuck to a plain and simple recipe for biscuits.  I mixed it up in the bowl and then as she advised I just scooped out pieces and put them on my baking pan.  These were definitely not hockey pucks. They tasted great with a little bit of butter.  Michael even ate three and he doesn't like biscuits all that much.  
YEAH! 
Thank you Mommy Dearest!

0 comments:

 
 

Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Scrapping elementos: Deliciouscraps©