Eat At Home

Eat At Home

Mama's Recipe Swap

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Pioneer Woman

I'm a Tasty Kitchen Fan

Simply Recipes

My Suga' Button

Photobucket

Fruit Festival

photobucket

Followers

Labels

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies

 



This week I baked Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies from Taste of Home.  You actually start out by making brownies from scratch.  I never knew they were this simple.  It took literally less than three minutes. Okay, five minutes tops!  

While they bake in the oven you start on the peanut butter frosting layer.  You mix up peanut butter, powdered sugar, and butter. Milk is then added about a tablespoon at a time to thin it out to a spreading consistency.  


The recipe calls for baking chocolate mixed with butter melted together for a final drizzle over the finished product.  I was in too much of a hurry to try these out (they smell amazing!) so I just got some Hershey's Chocolate Syrup and drizzled that on top.  Plus I still don't have sweetened baking chocolate in the house just unsweetened.  

 (Murphy stayed in the kitchen to help)
Anywhoo, after you have all your layers done you just pop it into the refrigerator to chill and then you can cut up your squares.  

Did I mention how amazing these things turn out! The brownie is nice and chewy and the peanut butter frosting is not too rich.  Just typing this makes me want to go bake another batch.  

I packed Michael three squares to take into work for himself and his co-worker.  They raved about them.  When I woke up the next morning half the pan was gone.  I'm pretty sure these didn't make it to lunch time in the office. 

0 comments:

 
 

Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Scrapping elementos: Deliciouscraps©